Friday 19 August 2011

Get in to the Mood

So you are now ready to get into gear, the budget has been thought out and now the fun starts. 

There are many elements that make an event amazing - flowers, decor, entertainment, dresses, favours, and so much more. The confusing bit is trying to figure out how to tie everything together to work cohesively. The event must have flow and all elements need to come together to to create an overall ambiance that leaves that lasting memory for your guests.

The bests place to start is a Mood Board. Once you have decided on colour get on to the internet and start researching images on all those fun elements that need to come together to make the perfect event. I suggest referring to a colour wheel as a starting point - what is the colour you want to carry through your event and what is the complimentary colour on the wheel that you can bring in to the elements to add that extra punch.

Have a look at the mood boards I created for my weddings. I selected Purple as the primary colour for my Greek Wedding and Cerise for my Indian Wedding. When I referred to the colour wheel, Green fell into the comfortable complimentary colour on the wheel for Purple and Yellow for the Cerise. I hit the ground running from there and created a mood board that would guide my decisions on all decor elements from there on.

 

Happy planning!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment