Monday 29 August 2011

Save the Date

So we have a theme, we have a date... hopefully :) but because planning started quite early and its too soon to send out invites, we still want our guests, especially overseas guests, to start the planning process to be able to attend the wedding, so what the next step?

Elegant Save the Dates, such as the one I sent out for my wedding, are a great way to let guests know about the upcoming wedding without having to give too much information away. With my ones, I had my invitation designer follow the theme we were working on for the invites on to the Save the Dates for continuity. This is an elegant way of letting guests have a sneak peak at the theme for the wedding.

The Save the Dates are mounted on a board and I went hunting for matching envelopes and decided to post these off about 7 months before the wedding. I was reminded by a very good friend, my Maid of Honour in fact, that there is nothing more special than receiving a wedding invitation in the post :)


    

Happy planning!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment