Sunday 23 October 2011

The start... An African Queen!

WOW! I had such an amazing time at my Kitchen Tea. Not only was I dressed up like a beautiful African Queen but I was treated like one too!

My Maids of Honour and mother in law went all out decorating the Gold Reef City banquet room in gorgeous African colours - the flower arrangements were made up from Proteas to Birds of Paradise, quills, feathers and even cute little cow key rings (my labola) adorned the table just to add some fun to the decor!

There was eating, dancing and cute games to keep the guests entertained during lunch. Everything came together wonderfully!

Well... not to say, with too many cooks (family members) in the kitchen (in one room) that the day didn't have its fair share of bickering and head butting, but what can you do, it seem that a brides place needs to be the peacekeeper as opposed to a bridezilla, probably in preparation of things to come in the future, who knows!

Have a look at some pictures from the day :)









No comments:

Post a Comment