Saturday 7 January 2012

Flower Girls and Tutus... made with love ;)

Having had the desire from... lets say day one, to become a world famous fashion designer, I thought that my wedding would be the best opportunity to put my sewing and design skills to the test! (I had a trial run for my sister's wedding last year when I took three plain dresses and dolled them up with red rose detail on the skirts and a cute red band around the waist).

Not wanting to "bite off more than I could chew" I decided on ready made white dresses from Woolworths and then I would add cute button details to the flowers, change the plain buttons on the dresses and, oh yes, construct a tutu from scratch!

It took some time and vast amounts of research but I finally managed to put together four cute tutu's that added that touch of "fairy, princess-like glamour" that my flower girls needed. The process, though tiresome, was in the end rewarding! The moral of this post - add a touch of you to your event. For me it was fashion, my family and friends understood that there was no way any member of my bridal party would wear a thing without my say, input and of course, designer touch!




No comments:

Post a Comment